The Paper Street Journal is an online, annual arts publication based out of Hamilton, ON, Canada. We curate and showcase works of short fiction and creative prose, poetry, essays/reviews/notes/photo-essays, art, photography, and music from artists around the world.
The Journal was founded in early 2014 by McMaster University graduates Jesse Dorey, James Puntillo, and Eric Tarquinio. Since its inception, the PSJ has grown into an internationally known online publisher. The caliber of artists who’ve previously been featured in the Journal is a testament to its breadth and quality. In addition to editing, reviewing, and publishing works of art across a number of vastly unique mediums for a wide audience, the Journal maintains a strong community focus and social media presence.
- A recognized Industry Association by Hamilton: City of Music
- Recognized as one of Tourism Hamilton‘s favourite blogs
- Nominated for the 2016 “Website/Online Publication of the Year” Industry Award by the Hamilton Music Awards
- Named one of the top influencers in Hamilton’s arts community by The Guardian
- Interviewed on CFMU 93.3
- Reviewed by Dead Letter Birds
Nichole Fanara (Short Fiction)
Julia Empey (Poetry)
Jenna Shamoon (Art)
Stephanie Ionni (Photography)
Gregory Cain (Music)
Jesse Dorey (Reviews)